Quilt Show - Friday and Saturday, May 15 and 16, 2020 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Chula Vista Quilters Guild strives to promote an appreciation of the rich heritage of the art of quilting; to enhance each member’s own quilting skills and knowledge, and to enrich the art of quilting for future generations.
What better way to honor this craft than to host quilt show to showcase our member's talents.
Quilt entry categories:
Special Exhibit: Youth Group, 16 and under: All participants will receive a participation award.
Location: Community Congregational Church, 276 F Street, Chula Vista, CA 91911 (The show is in Bradley Hall behind the main church)
Important Changes in Parking Information:
Unfortunately, the city is building low cost housing units on the lot we formerly used for parking just across the street from the exhibit hall. However, there are several reasonable alternatives nearby:
· Handicapped parking is available behind the Norman Center, just east of the church on F Street.
Turn south from F Street into the driveway between the Church and Norman Center.
· Free city parking garage behind Fuddruckers on 3rd Ave. Turn into Fuddruckers and proceed west to parking structure on the right. This same parking garage can be accessed on F Street behind the Marie Callendar’s restaurant. It’s a very large, several-story garage and is only about a block away from our show.
Walk down F Street to the east to the front of the church and come through the breezeway to the left of the church back to the Exhibit Hall. Or, use Center Street east off of 3rd Ave which goes behind the Church to get to the show. This is your best bet if you don’t want to worry about meters or time limits.
· The First Southern Baptist Church graciously allows us to use their auxiliary lot located near the corner of Church Ave and Madrona Street directly south of the back of the show hall. There will be a sign on the sidewalk indicating that this can be used for Show Parking. This lot holds about 45 cars. Please do NOT park in the lot adjacent to the Baptist Church itself.
· There is metered parking on Center Street behind the church, on 3rd Avenue and on F Street and the section of Church Avenue across from the front of the church. Uses quarters and dimes. If you park on the other side of F Street, cross F Street and walk through the breezeway to the left of the church to get back to the exhibit hall.
· Street parking is available on the section of Church Ave south of the Church, Del Mar Avenue and several residential streets surrounding the church. Some of the street parking does have time limits, so be sure to check the signs.
For info about the show, please contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For info on renting a vendor space, please contact email@example.com